Tuesday 15 January 2013

And we're back!

Wow, is it really a whole 18 months since I last blogged anything on here? I think that probably goes well beyond slacking...

Anyone would think I'd left the RC world and disappeared of to become a hermit or something. In reality nothing could be further from the truth, and actually I've been racing more than ever. So, before I start putting up all sorts of new and interesting stuff, a quick recap on the last 18 months.

I quit racing nitro

No, really I did. It's now well over a year since my last nitro race (claiming third overall in the Clanfield Summer 2011 Truggy Championship!), and honestly I haven't missed anywhere near as much as I expected. That's not to say I won't race some nitro this year, I still have all the kit after all, but it's lost a lot of it's appeal for me. It's expensive compared to electric, much harder on cars and parts, and it's further to get to a track I want to race at... I'm not going to dwell on what I mean by that.
Last nitro race, and third in the championship...

I raced at Area51

It was awesome. And awsomely cold. And the guards were a bit scary.

I got really hooked on electric

Big time. Plug and play. Cheap tyres, and only needing two treads and compounds. A local track, with good guys and a great committee. Being invited to be a part of running the show (in my own, small way). How could it be wrong? For those that haven't tried electric offroad, I recommend doing so as soon as possible. LiPO batteries, brushless motors and modern chassis make this the fun class of the moment. I've had such a blast running electric over the past year, meeting new folks and racing in new places, and hey, if the weathers crap you can even find places to race indoors. Bonus.

I did the regionals

Well, for 4wd. I got my F4 grade, woo-hoo. Well, it was a big deal for me, anyway! And going on the road with the TORCH Massive was a blast every time.

The weather sucked all year

Ya probably noticed.... 2013 has just got to be better.

So that's the last 18 months. Some good, some bad, but all done with plenty of banter and giggles. And so the blog is back, and it's going to get bigger and better. Plans are being made, ideas formulated. But don't worry, the old possie will be back, things still won't be taken entirely seriously, and the piss will most definitely still be taken.

The weather being rubbish. Saw way too much of this in 2012!


Buckle up, 2013 starts here.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment